It's that time of year again! In November, the local Lego robotics tournaments will begin & we HIGHLY recommend that you attend a weekend tournament in your area! It's FREE for the whole family to attend too. It's very exciting to see the Lego robots & watch the teams compete. It's also interesting to see how each Lego robot is built differently to solve the same tasks! Some robots are more successful at getting points than others & you can learn why.
So, are you interested in attending?!? We recommend a couple things:
1. Figure out which local robotics competition to attend
- Check out http://www.usfirst.org/whats-going-on. Look for "FIRST Lego League (FLL)" for ages 9-14 & "Jr. First Lego League (Jr. FLL)" for ages 6-9.
- Google FLL & your city name to see if there are any local websites with more competitions
2. Learn more about this year's robot game called "2015 Trash Trek Challenge" so you learn what the robots are doing & how the robots can score points. Check out this video:
3. Learn the basics of what FLL is all about by watching this video below:
And if you're interested in joining a team for next year, keep in mind that you can introduce yourself to an FLL team coach or start your own team next year!
Have fun & let us know if you enjoyed the tournament! Also, what did you learn?
Share this post